Job Title: Trade Finance Analyst
Division: Project & Structured Trade Finance
Reports to: Team Lead, Structured Trade Finance/M&A
Reporting directly to the Team Lead, Structured Trade Finance/M&A, the job holder will work primarily on Trade/Structured Finance transactions. The job holder will also be involved in transactions originating from other desks within Investment Banking, such as Capital Markets and Financial Advisory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and execute key supply chain finance solutions such as invoice/receivables discounting, securitized/collateralized debt and syndicated loans.
- Provide financial advisory services to identified clients using our trade finance and structured finance products.
- Review of credit applications and documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Analyse credit requests, financial statements and properties/assets to determine viability of the credit, feasibility, risk of granting such credit and computation of repayment schedules.
- Perform client due-diligence as well as fundamental financial, business analysis and valuation of companies.
- Prepare credit assessment/deal memorandum for credit committee approval.
- Monitor performance of facilities.
- Maintenance of Insurance database.
- Manage day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting.
- Research and prospect trade finance targets within specified sectors.
- Stay current on legislations governing Trade Finance within the United Capital’s jurisdiction
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of trade finance products, techniques and commodity markets.
- Strong competence in availing credit facilities
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and in teams
- Can-do drive and spirit
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work in a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Process management abilities
- Enthusiastic, Positive and hardworking attitude
- Exceptional computer modelling/Excel spreadsheet / Powerpoint/ Word skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree or its equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of three (3) – five (5) years cognate experience in trade finance
- Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MBA, CFA, MSC in Finance, ACCA or ACA would be beneficial