Reporting to the Head, Research, the Research Analyst would initiate, design, manage, direct, and analyze market research and other syndicated global data sources to provide actionable information, insights and recommendations for the assigned United Capital business teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Contribute to the rotational preparation of routine research reports such as weekly investment views and monthly economic update as assigned by the Head of Research.
– Carry out supervisory function for the preparation of weekly Pan African market review to ensure accuracy and timeliness of publication
– Engage actively with all businesses for market intelligence and business origination
– Maintain up-to-date database on coverage companies ( Nigeria and Pan Africa), including valuation models, quarterly reports and sector comparative statistics
– Provide data support on coverage sectors to businesses within the firm (i.e Securities Trading, Investment Banking, Asset Management and Trustees)
– Participate in sales calls and road shows for Securities Trading Department as invited/initiated by the business head.
– Prepare broad strategic economic reports, covering monetary, fiscal, investment or sector issues
– Prepare periodic sector updates and company reports relating to the FMCG sector
– Publish full year earnings preview on coverage sector
– Publish earnings update, event notes, alerts on coverage companies
– Maintain and update research contribution to distribution channels like Bloomberg, Reuters, Proshare e.tc.
– Provide inputs into the preparation of market development reports for presentation at Monthly Performance Review sessions, as assigned by the Head of Research.
– Other duties as assigned.
– 7+ years’ experience
– Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
– Strong financial modelling skills
– Working knowledge of Bloomberg Research Tools
– Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
– Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applications
– Attention to details
– Strong Data analysis
– Bachelor’s degree in numerate discipline is required. Post-graduate degree is an added advantage
– Relevant management or finance professional qualification is an added advantage.apply